COLUMBUS, Ohio - From new guidance system technology to farm safety practices to staying profitable in the face of diseases, insects and drought, Ohio growers can get the scoop on the latest crop production issues through upcoming Ohio Regional Agronomy Meetings.
The meetings, sponsored by Ohio State University Extension, Ohio State Agronomic Crops Team, Ohio Soybean Council and Ohio Corn Marketing Board, will be held at eight Ohio locations during the weeks of Dec. 16-19 and January 14-17, 2003.
Pre-registration is $15 until one week prior to the meeting and $20 at the door. Registration includes a copy of the meeting proceedings, Extension materials, lunch and session handouts. All programs will offer Commercial and Private Applicator Credits along with Certified Crop Advisor Continuing Education Credits.
Sessions include fertility issues, disease and insect management, weed populations, increasing crop profits and weighing advantages and disadvantages of irrigation systems.
Dates and locations of the agronomy meetings are listed below:
* Dec. 16: Trumbull Career and Technical Center, Warren, Ohio, contact Stephen Hudkins at (330) 675-2595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Dec.17: Sycamore Community Center, Sycamore, Ohio, contact Clark Hutson at (419) 447-9722 or email@example.com.
* Dec. 18: Bavarian Haus, Deshler, Ohio, contact Alan Sundermeier at (419) 354-9050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Dec. 19: Knights of Columbus Hall, Versailles, Ohio, contact Steve Foster at (937) 548-5215 or email@example.com.
* Jan. 14: Community Building, Huron County Fairgrounds, Norwalk, Ohio, contact Gary Bauer at (419) 627-7631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Jan. 15: Crownhill Golf Club, Williamsport, Ohio, contact Mike Estadt at (740) 474-7534 or email@example.com.
* Jan. 16: Lone Pine Hall, Bethesda, Ohio, contact Steve Schumacher at (740) 695-1455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Jan. 17: Ohio State Extension Greene County office, Xenia, Ohio, contact Jerry Mahan at (937) 372-9971 or email@example.com.